Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome to PHIL 325: Medical / Healthcare Ethics

Welcome to PHIL 325, a little place on the internet that will help make understanding Medical and Healthcare Ethics easier, along withdaily discussions on current trends and topics on this very significant topic.

Primarily, the format of PHIL 325 will go as follows:

Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays: A daily educational overview of Medical and Healthcare Ethics.
Tuesdays/Thursdays: Open-ended questions and discussions on what is happening within our world, specifically regarding healthcare.

In addition, I will be sure to add a little section for resources, in which it will help you with anything from finding useful medical sites to terms that may be unfamiliar to you.

I also wish you to share your thoughts on my daily writings, and I look forward to exchanging ideas and viewpoints.

My goal is to help you with ethics, as this is something that everyone should have an understanding. Medical and healthcare ethics is a part of our lives from birth to death, yet we tend to separate ourselves from it. Why is this so? I believe it is from the political and heavily-opinionated aspects that seem to pollute the essential values of ethics.

On that note, I look forward to the next couple of months, and hope you enjoy this as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment